What types of food do you accept?
Manna has a food pantry and soup kitchen, so we can accept donations of various bulk size. We have refrigeration and freezer to properly store perishable foods.
We accept non-perishable foods, fresh produce, frozen and refrigerated items, baby food, formula and diapers, personal hygiene products and household cleaning supplies. Please also view our current food needs, which is updated regularly. Thank you!
How do I hold a food drive?
Anyone can hold a food drive, any time of the year! We greatly appreciate food drives in the spring and summer when donations tend to lessen but need remains high. Please visit our food drive page to get started!
Do you accept non-food items?
We welcome diapers in all sizes! We gratefully accept personal care and hygiene items that may include shampoo, deodorant, soap, toothbrushes, toothpaste, feminine products, laundry detergent, house cleaning supplies etc. We do not take clothing or household items. For questions about specific items, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Can I bring leftovers to Manna?
If your food was catered or prepared in a commercial kitchen, and stored properly with refrigeration, we can accept leftovers.
Can I make a meal for Manna’s Kitchen?
If you would like to prepare food to be used in our soup kitchen, it must meet the following criteria:
– Food must be prepared in a certified kitchen, inspected by the County Health Dept
– You must have someone present during food preparation who has a food handlers certification
– The food must be labeled with the date & location prepared, and ingredients
– Please prepare enough food to serve up to 90 plates in one meal
– Food must be stored properly up until delivery to Manna
Please email us with any questions, email@example.com.