Soup Kitchen Volunteer Opportunities:
Our Soup Kitchen is open to the community, and operates seven days a week. Volunteer shift times are:
Monday – Saturday
Morning Soup Kitchen 9:30 a.m. –1:00 p.m.
Evening Soup Kitchen 3:30 – 6:00 p.m.
Midday Meal 11:30 a.m. – 1:30 p.m.
Food Pantry Volunteer Opportunities:
Our pantry services the North Penn School District, and is open Monday through Friday. Volunteer shift times are:
12:45-3:45 p.m. and 5:45-7:45 p.m.
8:45-11:15 a.m. and 4:15-6:15 p.m.
Tuesday, Thursday & Friday
12:45 – 3:45 p.m.
Other Volunteer Opportunities:
Healthy Snack Bags Program, September – June
Younger volunteers are encouraged to serve at Manna through our healthy snack bag program or to assist with one of our annual food drives. This opportunity is available to people of all ages.
Thank you so much for your enthusiastic support of our Healthy Snack Bags program! At this time, our supply is at maximum, and we ask that volunteers consider other projects instead. For information about other opportunities, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Volunteer instructors work with participants in weekly computer literacy classes, and one-on-one appointments for job readiness and/or financial planning. As partners, instructors and participants work together in lifting individuals beyond hunger to sustainable options. Learn more about this program.
Assist a staff member with data entry, mailings, or other office projects as an administrative volunteer. If you have the skills and time during weekday office hours and/or specialized talents in photo or video editing, graphic design, spreadsheets, or other areas, please let us know!
In addition to these opportunities, there are many other ways to serve at Manna:
- Organize a food drive in your community!
- Arrange a time to sort goods in our warehouse to maintain quality inventory.
- Plant an extra row of fruits and veggies in your garden and donate your produce to Manna.
- Lend your leadership and expertise to our strategic plans and operations as a member of one of our committees! To learn more about committee opportunities, please contact Manna’s Executive Director, Suzan Neiger Gould: email@example.com.
- Visit our Volunteer FAQ page or contact Manna’s Education & Volunteer Coordinator, Janae Hoffler: Janae@mannaonmain.org for more information.
Volunteering with a Group
We welcome volunteer groups at Manna! Groups can serve in our soup kitchen, food pantry, stockroom and other special opportunities. If this is your first inquiry about group opportunities, submit the Group Volunteer Application and the Education & Volunteer Coordinator will follow up with you.
If you have questions about bringing your team to serve, contact firstname.lastname@example.org, who can provide the information you request.
We appreciate your time and value your expertise as we work together toward ending hunger in the North Penn region. Thank you so much!