Our volunteers are PHENOMENAL!
Every day, dedicated volunteers give their time to help others in need. Volunteers serve meals, help in our food pantry, and others facilitate education classes or coordinate food drives. We rely on the support of more than 100 volunteers each week to deliver our food and education programs!
Our minimum age requirement has changed!
Volunteers must be age 10 or older to serve at Manna. A parent/guardian is required to serve at all times with volunteers ages 10-12; volunteers age 13 and older may do so without parents/guardians present.
Adults accompanying volunteers under 13 must have all current clearances as required by PA State Child Protective Services Law. Adults and children and are required to submit separate applications and complete the orientation process.
Already a volunteer? Access your Volgistics online account from the Current Volunteers page!
How to Get Started
All prospective volunteers are must attend orientation at our facility prior to serving. Once you’ve attended a session and submitted clearances (ages 18+), you will have access to all volunteer shifts through our web-based scheduling system. To get started, complete the following steps:
- Submit an online Volunteer Application Form;
- Attend your scheduled Orientation;
- Submit all required clearances (3 total) mandated by PA Child Protective Services Law (CPSL) to: email@example.com. Manna’s PA Act 153 Volunteer Policy includes links and instructions. Because some clearances may take time to process, we recommend applying for them prior to attending orientation. However, they’re not required to attend orientation.
- Submit required paperwork for court-ordered community service (if applicable).
- Looking to serve with a group? Click here for Group Volunteer opportunities!
- Have you volunteered previously and forgotten/lost your account? Email firstname.lastname@example.org to restore account access.
Community Service Policies
School/Program Service Hours
We will gladly confirm service hours for any volunteer for programs, clubs, school, ABAWD, etc. Volunteers are expected to:
- Inform the Education & Volunteer Coordinator of all necessary documentation;
- Fulfill all service hours prior to verification;
- Maintain a copy of time sheet/hours served;
- Request verification of completed hours a minimum of 5-7 business days before the deadline.
Court-ordered Community Service Hours
We welcome individuals with court-ordered community service hours (excluding violence/abuse, weapons, sex crimes, or theft).
Please provide the Education & Volunteer Coordinator with official paperwork prior to volunteer service listing charge(s), required hours and deadline, and contact information for reporting hours. Examples:
- ARD Community Service Program
- Letterhead signed by court official
- Docket sheet or Summary Trial Notice
- Citation, etc.
Please allow more than 30 days before your deadline to begin service; we may not be able to accommodate hours required in less than 30 days. Additionally, please request verification of completed hours a minimum of 5-7 business days before the deadline.
Thursday, February 15 at 7:30 PM
Thursday, March 1 at 7:30 PM
Manna has officially moved to North Penn Commons! All orientation sessions will be at our new location: 606 East Main Street, Suite 1001!
- Each prospective volunteer must submit a Volunteer Application Form to reserve a spot.
- A confirmation email will be sent when your form is submitted.
- Space is limited to 25 seats; walk-ins are not permitted due to space limitations.
- Filled session dates will not appear on the form.
- Email email@example.com to change your scheduled session.